How can I get free advice and support?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0300 6660 127*, giving us an idea of what you want to achieve, or need help with. We will aim to get back to you with practical information and ideas within two working days. When emailing, it would be really helpful if you could include as much detail as possible about your request so that we can help you as quickly as possible. Feel free to contact us even if you are unsure what you want to ask - we're here to help!
What advice and support do you offer?
The Advisory Service takes a variety of requests in relation to financial education, such as:
• Help for teachers new to personal finance education
• Specific curriculum planning requests and advice on curriculum links
• Advice on resources and money related activities
• Planning and support for off-timetable days
• Support for further education colleges
• Information on the Quality Mark and Quality Mark resources
• Information on personal finance qualifications
• Suggestions for My Money Week
• Defining the difference between financial education and enterprise education
Why is the Advisory Service best placed to advise me on teaching about money?
Our staff as well as our expert consultants are all financial education specialists and have a detailed knowledge of curriculum planning, resources and techniques. They will draw on their years of financial education experience of working successfully with teachers to engage young people in innovative ways linked to the curriculum to give you practical advice.
Our knowledge covers both primary and secondary phases as well as specialist subjects and special education needs. We can also offer advice on assessment and impact, including ideas for enrichment days and the effective use of financial services volunteers. We have a long track-record in working with teachers to guide them through curriculum developments and can support teachers to engage children and young people in learning about money.
What people say about the Advisory Service...
- "I am so, so grateful to you for all this information, and the time it must have taken you to put it together. Thank you. It is so helpful and gives me some fantastic leads to follow, websites to research, great advice and most importantly some positive encouragement!"
- "I just wanted to thank you for the information that you sent regarding my request. It has been extremely useful in the planning for the day and I look forward to seeing the progress in tomorrow’s event."
- "Thanks very much for sending this through. I’ve followed up the links you provided and managed to get in touch with a local organisation that might be able to help us. I appreciate your effort in getting back to me."
- "Thank you for all your help! It is very much appreciated. I look forward to using the resources you have recommended with our My Money group in the future."
- "Thanks for all this - it's great. I'll have a busy Saturday getting through this! Once I've read through everything I will get back in touch. Thank you for sending through such an informative and through email - it's really impressive."
* Calls should cost no more than 01 or 02 UK-wide calls, and are included in inclusive mobile and landline minutes.