We are thrilled to launch a new project, generously funded by Santander, providing financial education training for practitioners working with vulnerable young people.
The project will run over three years, during which we will hold between 30-40 regional training events, reaching around 7,500 young people and 300 practitioners.
The programme will take a phased approach to reach the different categories of practitioners as follows;
Year 1: Children in care and young carers
Year 2: Homeless young people and young parents
Year 3: Young offenders and those at risk of NEET
Aims of the project each year are to:
- Develop the financial knowledge and capability of practitioners that work with vulnerable young people.
- Hold 12 regional training events
- Train 100 practitioners that work with young people in care
- Support 29 organisations
This year, we will be running a number of FREE half-day training sessions across England, open to all practitioners who work with homeless young people, those at risk of homelessness or young parents.
The training will explore:
- Why it's important for homeless young people and young parents to learn about finance
- Free tools to help you identify the financial knowledge, skills and attitudes relevant for your young people
- Four key themes around finance and how to introduce these to your young people
- Bite sized activities for one-to-one support and group work
- Ideas for group projects
- Tools for evaluating your young people's learning
- How to access free resources and free support
Practitioners will leave the session with a wealth of ideas for practical, interactive ways to help their young people explore money management in relation to:
- Employment - jobs, understanding wages and payslips
- Independent living
- Banking - setting up an account, reading a bank statement, paying bills, budgeting
- Keeping money safe and identity theft
- Aspirations - future goals
We have the following training sessions coming up:
- London - Monday 17th July - 2pm to 4.30pm
- Birmingham - Tuesday 25th July - 2pm to 4.30pm
- Norwich - Wednesday 26th July - 2pm to 4.30pm
If you would like to attend one of the above sessions or would like to have us deliver training for your practitioners at your organisation, please complete this short online form and then we'll be in touch.