Learn more about pfeg’s recent work in financial education, and what services we can offer to the media.
For media enquiries or interview requests, please contact PAPR@y-e.org.uk or 020 7549 1980
What is pfeg?
pfeg (Personal Finance Education Group) is part of Young Enterprise & together we are the UK's leading charity that empowers young people to harness their personal and business skills. pfeg was set up in 2000 by a group of individuals, primarily from the finance sector trade associations, concerned that financial education was not being taught coherently in schools. pfeg became part of Young Enterprise in September 2014.
pfeg's mission is to ensure that all young people leaving school are equipped with the confidence, skills and knowledge they need in financial matters to take part fully in society. Read more about pfeg
What is financial education?
Financial education is a programme of study which aims to equip young people with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage their money well. Watch our 4 short videos explaining everything in less than 3 minutes!
How does pfeg support schools?
pfeg offers a range of resources and support to school leadership teams and teachers to enable them to deliver personal finance education in schools through effective lesson planning and delivery across the curriculum. Consultants offer support and advice to schools based on their individual needs, working collaboratively with teachers to give them the confidence and ideas to deliver their own lessons. Read more about our services and current projects.
How can we help you?
pfeg can provide a range of services to journalists, broadcasters and the press:
- Do you want expert comment on a story relating to young people and personal finance?
- Do you need some facts and figures about children and money?
- Would you like to talk to a school that is doing interesting work in this area?
- Do you need someone to explain clearly where teaching young people about money fits into the school curriculum?
- Do you need an expert articulate person to interview?
- Do you need examples of different ways of learning about money?
- Would you like to go to a school and talk to pupils about their experiences of learning how to manage their money?
One of pfeg’s values is to make life as easy as possible for those with an interest in promoting financial education. That means we demystify the jargon, provide relevant and practical examples and can make trained staff available to bring personal finance education alive.